Tuesday 11 November 2014

Birthday weekend! 8th November :)

Hello everybody :)

What's been happening with you guys?

It was my birthday this weekend and I turned the big 23! eeek!!! It was a really amazing weekend as I got to see my family whom I've missed and haven't seen since I have been over here in Milton Keynes. It was even more exhilarating as my birthday fell on a Saturday which rarely happens.

My Birthday weekend build up started from Thursday morning. I got up early and made my way to Milton Keynes central station not knowing what the journey would be like from MK to Elm Park station. Overall it was an easy journey and only took about an hour and a half to get there. For those who don't know where Elm Park is its in Essex Hornchurch area.

One thing however, I don't think I'm used to London anymore :(

During the journey I was confronted with so many weird stares and glances as I had quite a bit of luggage on me. Is that really an excuse to be judged?

I'm really taking to the small town of Buckingham and quite like the idea of a small village as you are more likely to get used to things much quicker which is what I'm finding. Although you can argue that there isn't much to do around here or enough shops I think there is enough of what you need.

So back to turning 23.. .. ..
  • I don't actually feel any different 
  • People are starting to say 'You look quite good for your age' which is scaring me...
  • 'OMG You are 23?'
  • 'Wow didn't think you will say 23'
Firstly it was a struggle to find a restaurant to go to as there are so many however we settled for Las Iguanas restaurant which is a restaurant focused on South American food. Left to me alone I would have settled for Chinese but I think I desired something different. We proceeded to the 02 which is situated in North Greenwich however we were late for our reservation which was booked for 9:00pm and ended up arriving at 9:30pm. Luckily enough our table was still reserved... 

check out the restaurant here...

It got to the part of ordering food however there was a vast amount to order from which left me sort of confused... 

I decided to stick to what I could be familiar with in terms of taste and ordered half a chicken with some chips extra spicy! I was also pleasantly surprised to see that I could order some friend plantain so I  ordered a side of that with my huge meal....

                           


It was a really lovely intimate family dinner and I had a great time. Throughout the day I had floods of messages and heartwarming texts that made me feel really really loved!   

          








                                    







Sunday......

On the sunday it was like a mini continuation of Saturday. After church I was treated to a meal at Instanbul Grill which is a Turkish restaurant.  Check them out here...



All in all it was a really great birthday and I'm looking forward to what chapter 23 holds for me... 


xoxoxoxoxoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment