Friday 7 November 2014

Alot has been going on let me update you ........


(I'm currently listening to the song above whilst typing this... Listen and enjoy my post :) x )

Hey everyone,

let me update you a bit on what has been going on over the past couple of days.... 

Firstly it's my birthday tomorrow (November 8th) I turn the big 23! :D I'm really excited to be spending it here with my family. This year I've decided to go low key and celebrate it intimately as I haven't seen my family since September as I've been away at Uni. 

I couldn't really be bothered to get an outfit but my older sis convinced me to get something and I've gone quite over my budget oh well YOLO I guess right??.... LOL.

For those who don't know the meaning of YOLO it means You Only Live Once! 

Pictures of me in the outfit will be seen later but for now here are some of the things I got from Miss selfridges....

Miss selfridge skirt reduced from £39.00-£15.00
Shoes are so hot! Size 8 shoes never looked so good! 
Some perfume samples from Debenhams and Mascara from Boots and I got a 3 for 2 offer on the lip gloss in the Body shop. They are normally £2.00 each and I love them for my lip
Early Perfume gift from my sister :) <3

A little bit of  spontaneity never hurt anybody! 

As you guys have read earlier on in my earlier posts I am undertaking a degree in Media, Communications and Journalism at the University of Buckingham and I'm thoroughly enjoying every bit of it. My lecturer set us the task of going out and conducting some vox pops asking any question of our choice. I decided to ask the public their views on Halloween. I got some mixed responses and others weren't interested in hearing what I had to ask which is expected as not everyone has the time to stop and chat. The morning after the Vox pops were conducted I just had the sense of urgency to write an article and send it into Buckingham Today. To my surprise by the afternoon I received an email from the News reporter Tom Burton saying he had published it on their website. I was so shocked and proud of what I had achieved. Please feel free to read the article here.....

Moral of the story: Don't be scared to try anything if you don't attempt you will never learn your potential. :)



My favourite charity- Centrepoint


Centre point is the UK's leading charity for homeless young people. Research by centre point found that one in five under 25s in the UK have experienced homelessness. 80,000 young people experience homelessness every year.

I've been intrigued by this charity both by finding out about it online and via facebook. Yesterday I got to know that centre point supporters were conducting a sleep out by sleeping on the concrete floor in the cold and rain to find out what it's like to be homeless and to raise money for this charity. As a result of this amazing sleep out an astonishing £300,000 pounds was raised for the homeless young people. I think it's amazing and the fact that well known celebrities got involved in this such as Dermot O'Leary and many others. The public could also get involved and this is something next year I would love to see myself doing. Please read about them here.


Whatsapp blue tick what does this mean?

Yesterday when I sent a message to my aunty via whatsapp I noticed a slight difference in the way the message gets delivered. Previously when you send a message via whatsapp you don't really know if the recipient has read your message or not all you see are two ticks which leaves the question in your head 'Have they read it'? However Whatsapp has alleviated this issue by introducing the double blue tick mark to indicate that the message has been read and received. So for all of you guys who act like you haven't read your messages there's no hiding now :)! 
It is actually amazing how technology keeps evolving every second. I can't wait to see what the future holds for subsequent technological advances. Please read further here on this new whatsapp development.

On that note I would like to leave you with a quote which I fell in love with last night.... 



In the words of  Khloe Kardashian ...

'I crave a love so deep that the ocean will be jealous' <3 xooxoxox

Pics from my birthday will follow .... Stay tuned :)

P.S if you know of any good restaurant in London that you recommend please send your suggestions through to me billionairebriggs@outlook.com

No comments :

Post a Comment