Sunday 12 October 2014

What does good skin mean to you? .... Are you comfortable in yours? x

Hello everyone,

I want to give you all a warm welcome to my lifestyle blog. This is my first post and I hope to share many more lifestyle secrets with you. This blog won't just be about diet and health but will be about anything that I feel is useful to living a content life. Please join me on this journey and feel free to comment and share ideas with me.... 
I'm quite obsessed with having good skin and looking good....

Few of my beauty secrets involve steaming my skin every single morning, drinking over 4 litres of water a day, consuming lots of vegetables and staying away from junk. The thing is most people say going to the gym is very important but the honest truth is that the last time I went to the gym was 2 years ago lol!....

If you eat well you will feel good in yourself and look good from the outside too :) x

Now back to steaming my face. You may ask me why I do it every morning but this is why.....

'Steaming the face opens and clears the pores which can be especially beneficial to those suffering with acne or oil prone skin. Blemishes are more likely to occur when pores have become blocked with oil, and so clearing the pores will have an impact on the clearness of the skin. In the case of severe acne however, care should be taken as it can sometimes make the problem worse. Your GP or dermatologist will be able to advise you if facial steaming can be undertaken if you have severe acne.' ( http://www.facialsteam.com/) 


The product above is an example of what I use every morning and I find that after I have had a good 30 minutes of steaming my skin looks fresher and cleaner. I then jump straight into the shower :) 
This product can be purchased from Argos which is where I bought mine from.

Some people think I'm really crazy drinking 4 litres of water every day but trust me there are multiple benefits of drinking water that go unnoticed by many people. 
  • Clear skin
  • Weight loss
  • Good bowel movements
  • Stops dehydration 
  • Maintains the balance of body fluids
  • Sometimes when you think you are hungry drink water and suddenly that hunger disappears.... 
I try to drink a 2 litre bottle first thing in the morning before I do anything else such as having my breakfast. This is something I discovered recently as being very beneficial 

Why Zoe? Because...  
  • Hydrates me
  • Gives my brain fuel 
  • Flushes toxins out of my body therefore makes me have a bowel movement first thing in the morning... 
  • Wakes me up 
Some people have said to me that they hate the taste of tap water and that it tastes too bland. I agree with that statement and that it has a funny taste. Therefore I have a water filter which is the best thing I have purchased as all I have to do is fill my water filter with tap water and then the filter cleans the water for me and leaves the best part in the bottom compartment of the filter for me to drink. The water ends up tasting like bottle water and doesn't in the slightest carry the weird taste of tap water :) 


The second picture next to the water filter are the cartridges which need to be purchased to change each time the filter notifies you on top of the cover by going down from 100% - 0. The filter reduces lime scale as well as impurities that ruin the taste such as the taste of chlorine. The cartridges even remove the traces of lead or copper that sometimes occur in domestic plumbing. I bought mine from Costco. 

It has been advised to eat 5 or more pieces of fruit and vegetable a day which to some people is an alarming amount as they think 'How can I fit this amount within my busy lifestyle?' Easy peasy. Just like you'd find the time to purchase a galaxy chocolate bar in the morning on your way to work or pick up a Kit Kat whilst waiting for the bus at your nearest corner shop lets plan ahead and put some bananas in our bags... Or even some apples ... Before you know you be clocking the 5 mark and feel more alert to face the day...

With my meals I always try to include greens with it no matter how small. The more you do it the more you get used to it.. .

For example with every meal I have I always have more than a large bowl of spinach to accompany it... 
Spinach goes with almost every meal and helps to make it healthy...


Stay tuned for my next blog post where I will be discussing good natural hair products....

I'd like to leave you with a favourite song of mine...

x Z.B x


2 comments :