Thursday 16 October 2014

Good natural hair products

Hello everyone :) I hope you have all had a great week so far?

I saw this Michelle Obama video yesterday and thought how funny lol! She's such a cool and down to earth woman, I totally love her! <3 xx

She's all about healthy eating and looks great for her age. Check out the link here!


So this week I said I will be sharing some of my natural hair tips with you all...

So here goes....

My aunty who lives all the way in Nigeria recently shared her tip with me about how she nurtures her hair. She mentioned the items Ginger, Onion and Garlic and I was like WHAT?

She explained the process and what she does with each item and how she uses them as natural raw ingredients to condition her hair...

I'm about to explain the process for you all with pictures :)

My Beautiful aunty who is a mother of 3 and still looks this fab!
Like I mentioned above the key ingredients you need are Onions, Ginger, Garlic and Carrots.

These can be purchased in any local supermarket store and don't have to be organic.


After getting all my key ingredients together I peel two onions and cut them up and place it in the blender. I do this for the ginger too. I peel the skin off of the ginger and cut it up into manageable pieces and place it into my blender. With my garlic I pull them off from the clove, peel the skin and drop about 4-5 pieces into my blender.



Once all key ingredients have entered into the blender I need to blend it however it won't blend unless there is some form of liquid inside. I choose not to add water as that will dilute the strength of the ingredients. Honestly the first week I did this I added water and thought of another healthy liquid I could add into it that will help it blend yet still be beneficial to my hair.

I came up with the idea of using my Juicer to extract the juice out of some ginger and carrot and then poured that into the blender. So I did just that and then poured the juice into the existing contents inside the blender and as you can see the colour has changed.

BRAUN Juicer purchased from Argos for £70.00


Press blend on your blender and you will find that all the ingredients will nicely blend together and form a smooth texture such as this:

All ingredients blended together and poured into a plastic container ready to be applied directly onto scalp and hair. 
Close up of the contents 
Make sure your hair is clean so the nutrients in this mixture can be fully absorbed into your scalp. I like to use dr.Organic Bioactive Haircare and I have found all of their products to be really good.


I have to warn you though to be prepared for a very messy experience as some of the contents may trickle down into your eye and be found splattered all over your carpet or flooring. To avoid this I thought that it would be a good idea to place newspaper on the carpet to avoid the mess ruining the carpet.

 I advise you to stand on top of the newspaper hold the container of contents and then begin applying to your scalp and hair.

How long shall I leave the contents on my hair for? 

According to my aunty she said to leave it on your hair for as many hours as possible, She's even gone the extra mile and slept with it on for the whole night LOL! Err not for me....

I leave it on for like 6-8 hours!

When you have finished applying it all on your head and scalp use cling film to wrap your hair
It doesn't have to be a fancy cling film you can purchase it from either Sainsbury's, Tesco's, Waitrose or even the one pound store. Once you've wrapped your head round with the cling film use a big towel to wrap your head again. Once done sit down relax and get on with your day!



You can even eat popcorn whilst waiting which is what I did or get on with your assignment. If you are a Mum you can be doing the cooking :)        
                                                                                     

6-8 hours later.... 

Rinse your head till all of the contents come off. Once all of the contents have been rinsed off from your head you can now make a separate juice from carrot and ginger by either using your juicer or using a grater and mix both together and rub into your head as a leave in conditioner. I normally mix the ginger and carrot with either Shea Butter or Jamaican Black castor oil then blow-dry my hair. I bought mine here.




These products can be purchased on-line or any afro Caribbean stores. If you are reading this here from London and you are based in the South East area Peckham, Lewisham and Catford are key areas where these can be purchased. For the rest of us we can just enter the names of the product in the search engine and it will bring up plenty suggestions of where they can be purchased from.


After that apply the normal products you have onto your scalp so it doesn't remain dry and thirsty of oil. You can use anything from Shea Butter, Dr Miracle products, Coconut oil and even Argan oil to apply directly onto your scalp. 

Repeat this whole process once a week dependent on how damaged your hair is. I'm also doing this religiously every week specifically on Thursdays as that's when I am free for the whole day. Once it gets to week 5 I will do a video showing how my natural hair has progressed. 

For my front baby hairs I like to put Aloe Vera Gel as I've  noticed it softens it and helps it to grow...

Aloe Vera Gel has multiple benefits and I have found it very beneficial putting it directly onto my scalp. Click the link to read more about it here...


If you'd like to order some Aloe Vera gel please email me and I will hook you up billionairebriggs@outlook.com . 

I hope this post wasn't too much to take in and I hope every single suggestion here will be beneficial to you all. Please feel free to comment, suggest and share some of your natural hair products you use. 

I'd like to leave you with a video which reveals the harsh truth about hair relaxers. Watch and post your thoughts below....

Ladies let's nurture what God gave us!



Keep checking as I will be posting my next post soon......

Lots of Love

Zoe Briggs

xxxx

No comments :

Post a Comment